Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!


Yippee!







Not that you can tell from the pictures above but the garden is planted.  The only thing not in the ground are the watermelon and acorn squash.  Not for any particular reason other than the urban farmer ran out of steam on Sunday afternoon and life has gotten in the way since then.  

then there were two

They will be planted by the end of the week. 

One of the things that has gotten in the way is that I've decided as part of my plan to get healthy (hence the home grown vegetables) I am also going to attempt Couch to 5K.  I'm not sure that I will actually register for an event but I enjoy the goal based aspect of the program.  I will keep you all updated, I've only survived one day so far, we'll see how it goes.

I digress....Here are some more photos of the progress.  Hopefully the torrential rainfall we received this week didn't wash all of my seeds away.


don't miss the bamboo creeping in the background

I don't claim to be creative enough to come up with this.  Credit goes to another  urban farmer/blogger

Last but not least, the progress on the things that have already been planted.

carrot

Potatoes (wow!)



No comments:

Post a Comment