Tuesday, July 10, 2012

KVLN

KLVN (Keely’s Leave Vegas Now) officially began 18 June2012 with an early morning exit.  I had grand plans of taking actual pictures of Vegas in the rearview but with the amount on things loaded in the Subaru that proved to be difficult.

So instead a picture of Lake Mead

The stops along this epic journey are multipurpose so there are lots of pics from the car.  We are on a mission you know.  The following pictures were taken in Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas (in that order).  I thought when I took them I would be able to tell the difference when I got to a place where I could blog about them.  The jokes on me. 






The first night after 9 hours of travel we stayed in Albuquerque New Mexico with my sister in law’s Aunt Connie.   I tried to figure out how that makes her related to me but after spending the evening with her I just settled on family.  It was nice to get out of the neon jungle of Vegas and have a home cooked meal where the volume was low enough to carry on a conversation. 

We also stopped in San Antonio to see my brothers college roommate.  I would've taken pictures of his beautiful new home but we got there late and left very early.   While in Texas we also made a stop to see a friend of mine from high school but again it was little more than a drive by so no pictures.  I will say that when I walked in the door is mom said immediately that I had not changed at all since high school.  (even after three days on the road).  It made me feel like a million bucks.  


On the final day of the first leg of our journey we traveled through much more Texas (who knew so much state could look exactly the same) and then Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and finally to Florida.  



1 comment:

  1. Shoulda taken a pic of that Lake Charles sign for me :)

    ReplyDelete