Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ripe

This title was inspired by the message at Brentwood Church.  When I started this project I wanted to share my gardening experience and I have found that I want to write about more experiences because they are all interwoven.  Today's message was about choosing joy.  It really spoke to me that we have a choice to choose joy over sadness and that is really what God wants us to do.  This project has helped to me to that.  I have experienced joy though the achievements and the relationships that have been cultivated along with the plants.  When life starts to beat me down I can look at this small patch of space that used to be barren and now is producing new life and find hope.

I am winning the battle with the groundhogs on the cucumbers and might get to eat a couple before the season is over.  Anxiously awaiting the beautiful watermelons, pumpkins and cantaloupes.   As the zucchini and squash wrap up their season I am preparing for the winter by freezing pounds of zucchini.






I couldn't help but take a couple of pictures of last night's dinner.  Everything was grown in my yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment