Sunday, April 7, 2013

Zorba the Greek

I have a new found respect for those of you that have a blog that you keep updated.   I promised myself that even after the garden was covered in leaves and then snow that I would find something else to write about, well I didn't.  I was pleasantly reminded why while watching Jeopardy the other night when this quote was an answer to one of the questions.

"All those who actually live the mysteries of life haven't the time to write, and all those who have the time don't live them! D'you see?” 
― Nikos KazantzakisZorba the Greek

So that is my explanation for being unable to keep up with a simple blog.  It also helps that spring has finally arrived (I hope!) and the gardening season along with it.  

My attempt for this year is to use all organic, non-GMO seeds and gardening products.  I ordered all of my seeds from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange.  As my brother and I am sure many other people have taken on the attitude to pay the farmer rather than the doctor.

I started simple with potatoes...









and Kale...


For those that have been following battle bamboo this year has not been without little victories.  The picture below is only a small portion of the work dad has done to keep the bamboo at bay.


One last update for this post.  Last weekend I completed my third 5k!   Definitely excited about the warm weather for that hobby too!









No comments:

Post a Comment