Monday, April 29, 2013

Future

You know how sometimes when you look forward to something and it finally occurs it can disappointing because of the hype?  I have been looking forward to some changes occurring at my office that I thought would change my attitude and career forever.  This morning the announcement was made, the person I have blamed for my stagnancy is relocating.  I should be jumping for joy right? Now I have to take full responsibility for what happens and that is terrifying.  It was easier to blame someone else than own the fact that I give just enough to get by just like everyone else.  Unfortunately the state employee system does not foster hard work or originality so it’s easy to be lethargic.  See there I go again blaming.  The next several weeks will be exciting and I have decided will  determine the direction of my future dramatically. 


I am sure you are thinking how is this sad little carrot dramatic?  Let me tell you.  Dad and I were cleaning up the garden and preparing for the roto-tiller and 12 cubic yards of dirt (yes 12 cubic yards of dirt) and I found this carrot.  I was amazed because I did not get any carrots last year thanks to my friend Bambi eating off all the tops.   I knew that I had to include it in this post and it was going to be the star.  There were actually two and after a long day of yard work, I forgot them on the trunk of my car Saturday evening.  On Sunday I ventured out to the lake for VISA recommissioning, still not remembering where I left them.  This one survived the trip and was rescued by my dad.  So not only did it survive a winter in the garden it survived 55 miles on my trunk.  What determination to be famous right?



No comments:

Post a Comment