Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Blank Canvas

As many before me and as I promised I would not do, I fell way behind on my blog.  Imagine this, life happened!  I got so caught up in the actual gardening and my other goals that I let it slip.  No more empty promises, I will do the best I can this year.
So mother's day is this weekend and the planting is scheduled.  Bamboo is battled, only plain old weeds to deal with.  I really wish I'd taken a before photo because I didn't think that I would get them all cleared in one afternoon.  It's amazing what one can accomplish with the right playlist.


Several hours ago you would think that I was only growing weeds.  Now it is prepared for the planting to come.  If you look closely at the right side of the photo you will notice there are already rows started.  Those two rows hold 100 asparagus crowns which sometime in the next 2 or 3 years we will be able to harvest.


This time of year is better than Christmas!!

Updates on the other big goals I've mentioned here before, I've kept up with the running.  (no, no one is chasing me) I've run races in two states due to a thanksgiving trip to PA.  I also completed my first 10k two weeks and live to tell about it.  I hope to maintain a successful garden and train for a half marathon in the fall. That is as long it doesn't interfere with  Lockn.  Happy Gardening everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment