Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Potato Phun




Once upon a time there was a potato.....just kidding I was trying to come up with a witty title for my post this week and Googled Potato puns.   There was too much to include here but if you bored it's worth a few minutes or hours, funny jokes stories etc.  

Back to the point of my post...POTATOES!!!!  It's easy to get excited because they are the only things that I have in the ground so far but above is a picture of my potato plants.  I discovered these lovies when I came home from a particular stressful day at work this week. I was on the phone with a co-worker decompressing or complaining however you want to look at it and when I pulled up at the house I noticed the hint of green from the far corner of the garden. I ran through the mud pile that is the garden to have a closer look.  Keep in mind I am still on the phone but instead of talking to my co-worker I am ranting about potatoes in the garden.  She of course now has proof that I am crazy, hoping she doesn't use it against me.   It is amazing how much joy can be found in small green leaves.  All the other issues of the day disappeared as I tracked mud into the house to find the camera so I could document the event.   



The plan from here is to get the garden tilled this weekend (Thanks Dad!) Hopefully put some some sort of fence up to keep the critters out and plant the carrots so that maybe I can harvest them before the ground freezes this fall! If time/weather allows I may even plant some other things too.

1 comment:

  1. Love you blog Mariellen! as an adventurous gardener (Texas, Wisconsin, China, and now Indiana)I love hearing abut your experiences with your new garden ... so happy to have discovered it via Prichard!

    ReplyDelete