Sunday, March 11, 2012

Let it Begin


I have been putting off this introduction to my blog because I don't know where to start but I am just going to do this.....I thought it all started with a book called Farm City by Novella Carpenter which I read casually while on vacation last year.  Little did I know how it would change my life and the way that I look at the food I eat.   So when I got home I started planning my garden.  Now to be honest I have gardened before but not on the scale that I am now planning to attempt.  I want not only to feed myself but also my community.  As I began this adventure I was reminded that not only have a had a small garden for the last couple of years but I was raised by two urban farmers although they did not call themselves that.  Some of my earliest memories are of playing in my back yard in Pennsylvania in what seemed to me a massive garden.  My intent in this blog is to document my adventures in text and photograph.  I want to celebrate the wins and perhaps help others who plan to embark on similar journeys!
This is the size of last year's garden.
This is the space for this year's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment